PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT IN THE KURDISTAN REGION OF IRAQ: AN OVERVIEW
Keywords:Entrepreneurship, Development, Prospects, Challenges.
Entrepreneurship as a driver of innovation and economic growth plays a key role in economic development and the appearance of knowledge and innovation-based economies. The most important effects of entrepreneurship development are increasing innovation, upgrading technology, increasing employment, producing technical knowledge, and generating income distribution at the community level, which can lead to increased national wealth and economic growth. At the moment, global developments are made entrepreneurship so important, and organizations need more innovation and entrepreneurship than ever before to adapt to new circumstances. In fact, in relation to entrepreneurship as the most important factor in economic development, organizations can gain more market share. The objectives of this study are to examine and overview the prospects and challenges of entrepreneurship in Iraq's Kurdistan region. In this regard, it can be said that with the human resources available and the valuable experiences available in the field of entrepreneurship around the world, it is necessary to plan for entrepreneurship development in the Kurdish Region of Iraq (KRI). It is revealed in this study Iraqi Kurdistan is determined can be one of the top entrepreneurial centers in the region with the scientific ability of specialists, and the potential of human resources, flexible structure and efficient technology. This paper recommended some strategies to reform and removing barriers to entrepreneurship development in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq by using factors such as entrepreneurship development and appropriate culture building, job training, setting up small business development centers, sponsoring entrepreneurs, establishing the legal framework for entrepreneurial activities, and providing spiritual support to entrepreneurs can lead to social, economic and industrial development and the declines of unemployment.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.