ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENTION AMONG POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS IN NIGERIA: THE ROLE OF SELF-EFFICACY AND SOCIAL NETWORKS
Keywords:Entrepreneurial intentions, self-efficacy, social networking, polytechnic students
This study was carried out to examine the role of self-efficacy and social networks on entrepreneurial intention among polytechnic students in Ile - Ife Osun state, Nigeria. Theory of Reasoned action was used as a theoretical framework for this study. A survey design was adopted. The data for this study was collected in 2018 via a purposive sampling technique, where 240 students (81 females and 159 males) with age range of 21–35 years (M = 23.61, SD = 2.63) were selected from one polytechnic. Inferential statistics (t-test for independent measure) was used to test the hypotheses in this study. Result showed that there was significant difference between entrepreneurial intention of polytechnic students with low self-efficacy and high self-efficacy. There was significant difference between entrepreneurial intention of polytechnic students with low social network and high social network. Therefore, to improve entrepreneurial intention among polytechnic students, psychologists should organize psycho-educational interventions aim at increasing self-efficacy and social networks of polytechnic students.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.