DIFFERENCES IN THE CONCEPT OF RISK MANAGEMENT IN V4 COUNTRIES
Keywords:risk management, V4 countries, risk manager, SMEs
Risk management is one of the entrepreneurial knowledge to reduce business risks. The aim of the article is to compare the access to risk management in SMEs in the Visegrad countries (V4). The attention is focused on the differences in a perception of the importance of various risks, the choice of the person responsible for risk management and the frequency of discussion on the current risks in the company. The article deals with the partial results of the empirical questionnaire survey which was completed in 2018 at the Tomas Bata University in Zlín in the Czech Republic. The survey was made among SMEs in the Czech Republic (408 respondents), Slovakia (487), Poland (489) and Hungary (388). The questionnaire included questions about the importance of risks and the concept of risk management in the company. Three research questions were set. To test the formulated research questions, the following statistical tools, such as pivot table, relative and absolute frequency, the Chi-Square calculator for 5 x 5 Contingency Table and Z-score, were used. Finally, the result indicates a different perception of the key risks in Hungary (in comparison with other V4 countries). There are also statistically significant differences in the frequency of discussion on the current risks in relation to the size of the company among V4 countries. The differences among the companies from V4 countries in the choice of the person responsible for risk management were proved as well. The article concludes with a discussion on the comparison of the previous international researches.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.