MANAGEMENT OF TRAVEL AND TRANSPORT DESTINATIONS' PRESENTATION IN THE TRAVEL SPECIALIZED PRINT MEDIA
Keywords:management of travel destinations, tourism, travel destinations, transport destinations, print media
The article presents the results of the quantitative and qualitative research of presentation of the selected travel and transport destinations in the travel specialized print media with the focus on the impact of the ownership structure and geographical affiliation. The authors accomplished two research goals: firstly, they examined the scale of popularisation of travel destinations in two contexts: the geographical one (division into continents, countries and cities) and the chronological one (investigating changes in popularising particular travel destinations and referring them to the broader political or social context of a given time). Secondly, they indicated the differences or similarities in the selection of the destinations at the macro-level (among magazines, i.e. their editorial policies or affiliation to publishing companies) and at the micro-level (between the main and supporting cover stories). The results show that the selection of destinations displayed on the front covers of magazines is related to their editorial policy, which is secondary related to the ownership structure.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.