THE IMPACT OF SELECTED FACTORS ON THE QUALITY OF BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT ASSESSMENT IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC AND THE SLOVAK REPUBLIC
Keywords:business environment, quality of the business environment, index of quality, technological factors
The paper’s aim is to examine the dependence of the quality of the business environment on defined technological factors (availability of human capital and research and development infrastructure) and to define and quantify significant technological factors that create the quality of the business environment in the SMEs segment. Part of its goal was the comparison of the defined factors between the Czech Republic (CR) and the Slovak Republic (SR). In connection with the stated research goal, a questionnaire survey was conducted among businesses operating in the SME segment. Through this research, 312 companies were surveyed in the Czech Republic and 329 companies in the Slovak Republic. To achieve the primary goal of the article, methods such as correlation analysis and multiple linear regression modelling (t-tests, F-ratio, adjusted coefficient of determination, and so on) were applied. The results of the research have brought interesting findings. Research and development infrastructure, as well as the availability of human capital are important factors that have a positive impact on the business environment in both countries.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2018 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.