Corporate social responsibility: opportunities, drivers and barries.
Keywords:Corporate social responsibility, CSR drivers, CSR barriers, Developing countries, Iran
The following study employed a qualitative research methodology in order to explore the views of Iranian business professionals about the opportunities, drivers and barriers of corporate social responsibility (CSR). Thirteen Iranian business professionals with 9.2 years of overall working experience participated in in-depth interviews. The study revealed that majority of interviewees consider CSR as a threat for Iranian businesses in the short-term, yet as an opportunity in long-run in case businesses are ready to transform and commit to their responsibilities. The findings also included the emerging themes for the key drivers and barriers of CSR from the interviewees’ perspectives.
How to Cite
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.