Measuring website quality of the Indian railways
Keywords:Website Quality, Indian Railways, Users Perception, Evaluation.
Websites are being widely used for commercial purpose in both private and public sectors. Whether such widespread use and dependency on web enhances the satisfaction among its users or not is to be understood. The objective of the present study is to examine and analyze the quality of the website of the Indian Railways. The Indian Railways website quality was compared with a perceived ideal website. The attributes for assessing the website quality of a railways were developed on the basis of pertaining literature review, interview with some of the web site users and with personal observations. In the present study the mean value in case of the Indian Railways is 36.28 and in case of perceived ideal website the mean value is 45.06. The F-statistic value is 52.75. The result allows us to infer that the Indian Railways website quality is not on the mark compared to what the users expect in a perceived ideal website. The implication of the present study is that the Indian Railways should focus on the quality of its website for increased user satisfaction and for enhancing its image.
How to Cite
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.