MODERATING EFFECTS OF WEATHER CONDITIONS ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ELECTRICITY SUPPLY RELIABILITY AND SME SUSTAINABILITY
Keywords:Electricity, Interruptions, sustainability, small and medium size entrprises, electricity interruptions, Economic growth
This paper aims to investigate the moderating effects of weather conditions on the relationship between electricity supply reliability and SME sustainability within the context of a developing country. The method used for analysis is a hierarchical regression with the use of SPSS AMOS 24 and slope analysis. SPSS 23 was used to test the assumptions for parametric analysis. Survey data was collected from a sample of 54 owners and managers of SMEs in the Fako Division of Cameroon. Findings revealed significant positive relationships between electricity supply reliability and SME sustainability and an insignificant positive relationship between weather conditions and SME sustainability. Furthermore, the results indicated that weather conditions moderate the relationship between electricity supply reliability and SME Sustainability in the Fako Division of Cameroon. The study found that the electricity utility company of Cameroon has the daunting task of ensuring a robust electricity supply network capable of withstanding harsh weather conditions to ensure regular electricity. The implications of the findings of the study are that prevailing weather has an influence on the reliability of electricity supply, which affects the operations of businesses. Furthermore, when the business operations of SMEs are affected, the economy of the country suffers significantly. The study recommends the involvement of the government and policymakers to institute measures to ensure the obligation of the electricity utility company to maintain minimal interruptions of electricity supply. This study’s contribution to the body of knowledge is embedded in developing a theoretical model that explains electricity supply reliability in Cameroon from a weather perspective.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.