THE INFLUENCE OF THE ASEAN ECONOMIC COMMUNITY PERCEPTION ON THE EXPORT INTENTIONS OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
This research investigates the influence of the perception of the AEC on export intention owned by MSMEs. To pursue this purpose, this research used a quantitative research method. By implementing the survey design, 30 questionnaires were spread to 30 MSMEs for reliability tests and validity tests, and 170 questionnaires were spread to 170 MSMEs for data analysis, so there are 200 samples in total. After conducting data analysis by using SPSS Version 25, the research found that perception of the AEC significantly affects export intention. Nevertheless, the influence value of the perception of the AEC on export intention is low (8.5%). The other factors (91.5%) should be examined in depth in other research. It can be concluded that the perception of AEC has less significant influence in increasing export intention compared to other perceptions related to export. Hence, this research contributes practically to increasing the export intention of MSMEs in the AEC era. Although the value is low, MSMEs are recommended to have a good and comprehensive perception of AEC. However, a positive perception of other factors related to exports is required. Increasing these positive perceptions can be a good start for the government to foster exports conducted by MSMEs. Also, this research enriches the discussion of AEC as a subject in international studies and export intentions as a topic in entrepreneurship and business.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.