THE INFLUENCE OF LEARNING MOTIVATION AND INCOME EXPECTATIONS ON STUDENT INTEREST IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Keywords:Motivation to study entrepreneurship, income expectations, interest in entrepreneurship
This study aims to analyze the influence arising from entrepreneurial learning motivation and income expectations on students' interest in entrepreneurship at the Teaching and Education Faculty (TEF) Jambi University. The research was conducted using ex post facto quantitative methods to achieve this goal. The population of this study was Study Program students at the TEF University of Jambi. The research sample was determined using an area sampling technique to obtain area and individual samples. Individual sample calculations were carried out using the Slovin formula with an error rate of 8 percent, namely 131 respondents. Data were obtained using a questionnaire compiled based on each variable's indicators. Data were analyzed using multiple regression statistical techniques. The analysis results show that the variable motivation to learn entrepreneurship positively and significantly affects students' interest in entrepreneurship. The income expectation variable also positively and significantly affects student interest in entrepreneurship. Simultaneously, the motivational variables for learning entrepreneurship and income expectations significantly affect student interest in entrepreneurship. The implications of the results of this study explain that the higher the motivation of students to study entrepreneurship and the higher their expectations of the income that will be generated from entrepreneurship, the higher their interest in becoming entrepreneurs. Therefore it is suggested that universities optimize the entrepreneurship learning process through lectures and entrepreneurial practices.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.