INVESTIGATING THE IMPACT OF ELECTRICITY SUPPLY INTERRUPTIONS ON THE EXPANSION OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SIZE ENTERPRISES (SMEs): A SYSTEMATIC LITERATURE REVIEW
Keywords:electricity interruptions, electricity networks, interruption prevention
This paper aims to investigate the factors that impact electricity supply interruptions on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Cameroon and the theories used by researchers in preventing electricity supply interruptions. The method used is a systematic literature review of empirical studies on factors responsible for various forms of electricity supply interruptions and their impact on businesses worldwide. The author of this study examined 70 publications from 2012 to 2022 within the scope of the subject and analyzed the factors responsible for interruptions and prevention techniques used to curb the interruption of electricity supply. The results revealed that human factors, technological factors, and atmospheric & environmental factors have impacts on the interruption of electricity supply. Further, the study found that most of the publications on the subject were case studies (74%), while the remaining studies comprised Quantitative studies (19%), Qualitative studies (7%), and 0% for mixed studies research. It was also revealed that technological, human, atmospheric, and environmental factors are more responsible for electricity supply interruptions in developing countries than in developed countries. The results imply that electricity network designers need to mitigate electricity interruptions by employing modern techniques. The study recommends that alternative electricity supply sources could be used to help reduce interruptions, especially using other renewable energy sources like solar electrification systems and generators as backup or supplementary systems to enhance the electricity supply.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.