THE EFFECT OF THE METHOD OF EDUPRENEURSHIP PRACTICE-BASED BUSINESS CENTER AND SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON INTEREST IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP WITH ENTREPRENEURIAL MOTIVATION AS A MEDIATING VARIABLE
Vocational secondary education (SVHS) aims to educate students to work in certain fields, but not a few SVHS graduates contribute to the unemployment rate in Indonesia. The best solution to reduce the high unemployment rate is entrepreneurship. However, student interest in entrepreneurship is still relatively low. This research is quantitative descriptive research with a survey approach that aims to analyze the effect of the method of edupreneurship practice-based business center and school environment on interest in entrepreneurship, with entrepreneurial motivation as a mediating variable. The data collection methods carried out in this study were interviews, closed questionnaires, and documentation. The population in this study were class XI students of State Vocational High School 1 Purbalingga for the 2022/2023 academic year, with a sample of 84 respondents who were determined using purposeful sampling and simple random sampling. At the same time, the data analysis techniques used are instrumental tests, classical assumption tests, and hypothesis testing. The results of the research and data analysis show that first, there is a positive effect of the method of edupreneurship practice-based business center on students' interest in entrepreneurship; second, there is a positive effect of the school environment on students' interest in entrepreneurship; third, there is a positive effect of the entrepreneurial motivation on students interest in entrepreneurship; fourth, there is a positive effect of the method of edupreneurship practice-based business center on students interest in entrepreneurship through entrepreneurial motivation; and fifth, there is a positive effect of the school environment on students interest in entrepreneurship through entrepreneurial motivation. This research includes recommendations for schools, teachers, and students. This research's contribution and added value are in the form of theoretical and practical benefits.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.