THE IMPACT OF ENTREPRENEURIAL ATTITUDES AND ENTREPRENEURIAL COMPETENCE ON STUDENTS’ BUSINESS SUCCESS
Keywords:Entrepreneurial Attitude, Entrepreneurial Competence, Business Success
The Student Entrepreneurship Program (ESP) is a Jambi University program to facilitate students to develop businesses as a means of education, training, and coaching to become young entrepreneurs. The attitude and competence of students towards entrepreneurship largely determine the success of student business. This study aims to examine the effect of entrepreneurial attitudes and entrepreneurial competence on the business success of Jambi University students. The population of this study was students participating in the Jambi University Student Entrepreneurial Program (ESP) in 2020-2021, as many as 104 business groups. Each business group consists of 3-5 students. One person (the group leader) was selected for each group as a respondent. Data were collected using a questionnaire distributed online and analyzed using multiple regression statistical techniques. The results of the study show that (1) There is an influence of entrepreneurial attitude on business success. (2) There is an influence of entrepreneurial competence on business success. (3) There is an influence of entrepreneurial attitude and entrepreneurial competence on business success. It is suggested that students participating in ESP be more committed to developing a business financed from program funds and improving their expertise in the field of business they are involved in. More intensive coaching is needed for business development run by students by ESP managers.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.