AN APPROACH TO THE PHENOMENON OF CORPORATE ENTREPRENEURIAL CULTURE
Keywords:entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial culture, organisational culture, entrepreneurial competencies, entrepreneurial talents
This paper has the objective of creating a framework for a different cultural dimension of corporate entrepreneurship leading to corporate entrepreneurial culture (CEC). The analysis of CEC is based on a review of existing concepts of organisational culture and entrepreneurship. They are combined to create a framework of CEC, including macro- and microlevels and examples of subcultures. Core ideas of the framework are validated by qualitative interviews with ten experts. The identified organisational category of the CEC framework is defined by the levels of micro-cultures or subcultures and includes the upper levels of the hierarchy, including the industry level. Geographic categories such as regional or national culture are also part of the system. The individual category of the CEC framework is characterised by competencies (including aspects such as motivation, creativity, mobilising others, coping with uncertainty, teamwork and social competencies) and entrepreneurial personalities. The results of the interviews show the importance of these individual competencies for a lively CEC. The different levels, such as national and professional cultures, as a dimension of the organisational category of the framework are also confirmed by the interviews. The findings indicate that the individual category of CEC could be used for job satisfaction or engagement and the degree of CEC of an organisation could be defined and developed by the organisational category. The identified framework contributes to an understanding of this complex topic and supports companies in the implementation of entrepreneurial ideas in different organisational contexts.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.