STRATEGIC PLANNING OF THE RECREATIONAL AND TOURISM INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT: THE UKRAINIAN EVIDENCE
Reference: Shpak, N., Bondarenko, Yu., Sroka, W., Kulyniak, I., Tsymbalista, N., & Prosovych, O. (2022). Strategic planning of the recreational and tourist industry development: the Ukrainian evidence. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, 10(1), 100-122. doi: 10.37335/ijek.v10i1.158
Keywords:recreational sphere, tourist industry, investment support, recreational potential, strategy
The purpose of the study is to analyse the impact of the investment component on the development of the Recreational and Tourist Industry (RTI), and to perform a comprehensive analysis in order to elaborate a strategic development plan for the sector. Using the matrix method of research and mathematical method of rating, the general strategic direction of development of the recreational and tourism sphere of each region of Ukraine was estimated and chosen. We have developed a matrix "Recreational potential – RTI investment support", which consists of six quadrants and characterizes the long-term attractiveness of the recreational and tourist sphere and its investment level in the market of recreation, entertainment, and sports. The level of income per capita and the level of investment in collective accommodation facilities were investigated. This allowed to determine: (1) which regions need investments for the development of the recreational and tourist sphere as one of the priority areas; (2) which regions already have a sufficient level of cash flow in the recreational sphere, and finally, (3) which regions need careful analysis with the following elaboration of an alternative direction for recreation development in these regions. Based on two indicators, i.e. investment level and recreational potential, a matrix consisting of 6 quadrants was constructed. All regions of Ukraine were classified in this matrix. The results of the study will have implications for the industry, allowing authorities of different levels to formulate a rational policy for the development of the tourism industry.
Copyright (c) 2022 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.