THE ROLE OF ENTREPRENEURIAL ATTITUDE AND OPPORTUNITY RECOGNITION ON ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENTION OF UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
The study investigates the mediating role of entrepreneurial opportunity recognition on the relationship between entrepreneurial attitude and entrepreneurial intention among university students in Ghana. A structured questionnaire was administered to 500 university students in Ghana, and the data collected was analyzed using Amos. Structural equation modeling (SEM) was used to assess the hypothesized paths. The result indicated that entrepreneurial attitude had a substantial positive impact on both entrepreneurial intention and opportunity recognition among university students in Ghana. The result further indicated that entrepreneurial opportunity recognition positively affected university students' entrepreneurial intention. The study further illuminated that entrepreneurial opportunity recognition mediated the relationship between entrepreneurial attitude and entrepreneurial intention. This implies that an entrepreneurial attitude increases the chances of opportunity recognition and self-employment propensity in Ghana. The study suggests that students should cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset and develop a healthy attitude toward entrepreneurship, enhancing the chances of identifying and pursuing business opportunities. The study contributes to the literature by focusing on and highlighting innate attributes that can possibly contribute to self-employment propensity.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.