THE EFFECT OF QUALITY DIMENSIONS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS ON KNOWLEDGE SHARING AND USER SATISFACTION
Reference: Zamir, Z., Kim, D. (2022). The Effect of Quality Dimensions of Information Systems on Knowledge Sharing and User Satisfaction. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, 10(1), 1-19. doi: 10.37335/ijek.v10i1.153
As society enters the knowledge-based economy, effective knowledge management is essential for organizations to stay competitive. Sharing knowledge using efficient information systems can contribute to the growth and development of an organization. This study explores the effect of three quality dimensions of information systems:system quality, information quality and service quality delineated by DeLone and McLean (2003) on socialization and exchange subprocesses of knowledge sharing and user satisfaction. 300 Questionnaires were distributed among employees from different management levels in various financial institutions in Bangladesh, and 254 of them have been returned. The partial least squares (PLS) approach using Smart PLS has been used to test the measurement and the structural models. The results of this study indicate that not all the quality dimensions can significantly impact the socialization and exchange sub-processes of knowledge sharing. However, it does suggest that for an organization to have informed and knowledgeable employees, it must focus on quality dimensions that can eventually help improve user satisfaction. While system quality impacts both the socialization and exchange of knowledge significantly, service quality impacts only the exchange of knowledge significantly. This study also finds that the exchange of knowledge rather than the socialization of knowledge significantly affects user satisfaction. The findings of this research illustrate that for the banking industry in Bangladesh, quality dimensions (especially system quality and service quality) play an essential role in knowledge sharing among employees and thereby help improve employee satisfaction. This research contributes further to understanding knowledge sharing and its implementation in an organization.
Copyright (c) 2022 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.