INTERNATIONALIZATION OF SLOVAK FAMILY ENTERPRISES - TERRITORIAL APPROACH
Reference: Mura, L., (2021). Internationalization of Slovak family enterprises - territorial approach. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, 9(2), 109-118. doi: 10.37335/ijek.v9i2.147
Keywords:international entrepreneurship, international business environment, internationalisation, Slovak family enterprises
Entrepreneurial activity is currently confronted with a large number of different influences, which affect the performance of business units. Businesses face new situations due to the changing market conditions they have to respond to. The small and medium-sized business sector responds dynamically as well as very sensitively to market changes, where many family businesses are also established. Competition between market players forces both the management and the family businesses to think about new opportunities in order to ensure their growth. As a result, small and medium-sized businesses gain increased importance in international markets. This study aims to identify the current trend in the international activity of family businesses in terms of their territorial activity. In addition to the theoretical background, the submitted study also introduces the results of our empirical survey. The questionnaire survey was applied as an appropriate research method. We decided to apply a dual approach: qualitative (mainly for the theoretical part) and quantitative for the empirical part of the study. The obtained results show family businesses' interest in operating in the international business environment.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.