THE CONCEPT OF A BUSINESS MODEL FOR AN AIR CARRIER IN SLOVAKIA
Reference: Balaz, R., (2021). The concept of a business model for an air carrier in Slovakia. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, 9(2), 96-108. doi: 10.37335/ijek.v9i2.137
Determining the operating airline's business model is among the strategic decision, particularly for emerging airlines. A suitable and correct business model is an essential prerequisite for the company to establish itself in the market and be competitive successfully. This paper aims to design a specific business model for an air carrier, considered a national air carrier in Slovakia. Slovakia currently has no national air carrier, which would contribute to the development of passenger air transport and would reflect the domestic population's current needs and help increase inbound tourism. The main goal of the designed air carrier is to contribute to the development of air transport in Slovakia and transport a higher number of air passengers, reaching at least an average increments as in other European Union countries. This study proposes a business model framework applied to the conditions of Slovakia, which analyzes the main trends identified in the literature for designing business models for airlines abroad. In examining various studies, we have identified aspects of business models and the main models used by airlines abroad. We used general methods to process information and assess current trends in air transport. In the study, we apply the list method and the inventory method, focusing on new trends and process management methods in the aviation industry. Finally, we developed a business model for a potential air carrier operating in Slovakia from the acquired knowledge.
Copyright (c) 2021 International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge (ISSN 2336-2960) is published by the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP in cooperation with the following partners:
- University College of Business in Prague, Czech Republic
- University of Entrepreneurship and Law, Prague, Czech Republic
- School of Business and Administration of the Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Portugal
- Faculty of Operation and Economics of Transport and Communications, University of Zilina, Slovakia
- Copyright belongs to the Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP.
- The publisher, Center for International Scientific Research of VŠO and VŠPP, provides free access policy to the Journal of Tourism and Services.
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge is an open-access journal with CC BY-NC-ND licensing policy which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.